Building on the success of the past four editions, the ALDE Group in the EU Committee of the Regions has launched another edition of the awards for key liberal players at regional and local
level. The fifth edition of the awards marks an exceptional milestone for the ALDE Group in the CoR.
The LeaDeR Awards recognise outstanding work of liberal and democrat politicians from the sub-state levels of government (e.g. municipal, county/province, region).
There is a huge amount of excellent work that is being carried out in communities around Europe that involve citizens in the decisions that affect them, make their lives better, build bridges and new partnerships. With the aim of sharing knowledge about that work, and by inspiring each other with new ideas, the Awards help to make new leaders and strengthen the ties between communities of Europe.
The awards ceremony will be held on 25th April in Brussels 2016. Finalists will be invited to spend the day in
Brussels to get to know the Committee of the Regions before attending
the ceremony in the afternoon.
New Simplified Nominating Procedure
Any elected liberal representatives holding an office of local, regional and national level, ALDE and EDP member parties (e.g. the president of any local party section, district leader, etc.), ALDE Party Steering Committee of Individual Members, liberal party associations, MEPs and ALDE-CoR members can all submit nominations for the ALDE Local and Regional Leader Awards, provided that the nominee (an individual politician) is from sub-national government (e.g. local government or regional assembly).
There will be 7 categories of awards:
– Achievement in Government (by an elected regional or local government representative when in government)
– Achievement in Opposition (by an elected regional or local government representative when in an opposition role)
– Achievement in interaction with citizens via Digital Communications (DigiComm)
– Most effective EU Ambassador
– Best Elections Campaign (at the sub-state level)
– Young European of the Year
– Life-time Achievement award
– Help a local/regional politician whom you believe deserves recognition at European level;
– Showcase achievements carried out in towns, cities, and regions by liberal politicians from your party;
– Inspire others within the ALDE caucus with new ideas by sharing best practice;
– Help to create a new generation of liberal local and regional leaders around Europe;
HOW TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS?
Nominations are made by completing a simple online form which can be accessed here
Please note: nominations need to reach the ALDE CoR secretariat by 31 January 2016.
The deadline has been extended to Sunday 7 February 12.00PM
The nomination period is over now. Over the next few weeks our reseracher will be contacting everyone who have submitted the nomination to carry out a research into the nominees and their achievements.
A jury made up of key former members of the ALDE-CoR Group will be evaluating the applications. The workload of the jury is considerable: they must read all the nominations in detail, score them according to the selection criteria, deliberate on a short list, select the winners, and attend the awards ceremony.
||Bas VERKERK (NL)|
||Flo CLUCAS (UK)|
||Andras Szalay (HU)|
||Britt Lundberg (FI)|
||Lenie Dwarshuis-van de Beek (NL)|
For submitting nominations or for more information about these awards, please contact: Edgaras Mascinskas at firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 2 282 2159.