The EPP Group in the CoR welcomes the recognition that cities and regions have gained for spurring on growth and development at a time when Europe is still recovering from the financial crisis.
We intend to contribute to the implementation of the Europe 2020 Strategy notably through the EPP/CoR "Europe 2020 Task Force". The Task Force, Chaired by Markku Markkula, will keep an overview on the evolution of the flagships, while monitoring the relevant legislative activity at EU level. Through the seven appointed coordinators, it will also try to scrutinise the Member States' work as reflected in the National Reform Programmes and liaise with the competent authorities to ensure that cities and regions are involved in their conception and implementation.
- "Innovation Union", Maria Luisa Coppola, Councillor of the Veneto Region, Italy
- "Youth on the move", Malcolm Mifsud, Mayor of Pietá, Malta
- "A digital agenda for Europe", Markku Markkula, Member of the Espoo City Council, Finland
- "Resource efficient Europe", Michel Lebrun, Member of the Parliament of the French-speaking Community, Belgium
- "An industrial policy for the globalisation era", Emilia Müller, Minister for Federal and European Affairs in the Bavarian State Chancellery, Germany
- "An agenda for new skills and jobs", Constance Hanniffy, Offaly County Council and Midland Regional Authority, Ireland
- "European platform against poverty", Witold Stępień, Marshall of the Łódzkie Region, Poland